Shipments and Returns
- Credit card and PayPal orders will usually be processed within three days. Checks and money orders within three days of payment clearing my bank account (usually 3-10 days after your bank processes payment). Because of money order fraud, they will be treated the same as checks
- If paying with PayPal: shipment will go to your confirmed shipping address, and orders with a value over $250.00 will require a signature upon delivery
- All orders will be shipped via USPS
- If an order is not deliverable to the address provided or if it is refused or returned to sender, the purchaser is responsible for original shipping costs plus any additional shipping costs to
return the order
- Whenever possible, recycled packaging and wrapping materials will be used. Not only is this good for the environment, it also helps reduce shipping costs. It also means creative and unusual packing and padding from time to time. However, be confident that all will be clean and weak, overly used boxes will not be used. Instead, they will be sent to a recycler
- Shipping rates and options are shown upon adding items to your order.
- US Buyers: As many shipping options, as is possible, will be offered. Most items will ship via USPS Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation.
Patterns and smaller paper items, up to 13 ounces, will be shipped USPS First Class mail plus $2.00 handling. An average weight for patterns is 3 ounces each. Larger, thicker patterns and books weigh more. Over 13 ounces will be shipped USPS Priority Mail.
- Buyers Outside US: Shipping will be via Global Priority Flat Rate, medium or large box in order to meet the credit card and Paypal tracking requirements. I am trying to locate a less expensive option. If you know of one, please email me.
Customs and duty charges are not included in the shipping charges and is the responsibility of the buyer. Shipping and customs' forms will not be falsified and will be marked as "merchandise", "Used Clothing", "Vintage patterns" or whatever is appropriate for what is being shipped.
- If there is insurance and damage in shipping, see below.
PDF of patterns: Sorry, because of their nature, I am unable to accept returns. All sales are final of these items. For other items, please see below.
Vintage is fun and should always be fun. Refunds are NOT fun for either of us. So, take your time in ordering. Email questions, ask for more measurements, more pictures or whatever you need.
- I try to take plenty of pictures and make note of color as accurately as possible. Not all monitors display the colors the same; dye lots can be different. For those who are new to vintage, age can add a "mellowing" to colors.
- ALWAYS measure!!! While I will note a size which is on tags, still measure and go by the measurements in the description. 1970's size 10 is different from earlier size 10 which is different from today's size 10. Shrinkage or alterations may have occurred sometime in the past 10, 20, 40 and even 50 years of the life of the garment. For patterns, this is particularly important.
Now for the actual policy:
- As-is: no return
- All other items - Yes. I want you to be happy with your purchase and as a thank you for doing #1 and #2 above, I will gladly accept your return. See below for how to return.
- Email me within 3 days of receipt of your order.
- Wait for my return email with instructions.
- Send back via any carrier you choose.
- Refund of purchase price will be issued after I receive the item in the same condition as was sent, complete with any tags attached to it.
Damage in Shipping:
Try as hard as I do, every once in a great while something gets damaged in shipping. Some orders are insured. Some are not. If your order is insured:
- Email me and let me know of the damage, but DO NOT send the package to me.
- Since I use the US Postal Service, check with their website at usps.com for instruction or your local post office.
- It has been a very long time since I have filed a claim, but will do the best I can to walk you through the process as well as fill out any forms they have for on my end.